(Feel free to swipe and share)
I meant to post this yesterday, but in my determination to Meet The Deadline, the moment was lost – so yes, Lent begins a month from yesterday.
If you’re on the lookout for resources for yourself, your kids or your parish or school, take a look at these. It’s not too late to order parish resources. Many of these are available in digital formats, so it’s never too late for those:
- Reconciled to God, a daily devotional from Creative Communications for the parish. You can buy it individually, in bulk for the parish our your group, or get a digital version. (.99)
- John Paul II’s Biblical Way of the Cross, published by Ave Maria Press. (The illustrations are by Michael O’Brien)
- The Word on Fire ministry is more than the Catholicism or Pivotal Players series – as great as they are! There are also some really great lecture series/group discussion offerings. I wrote the study guide for the series on Conversion – a good Lenten topic.
- A few years ago, I wrote a Stations of the Cross for young people calledNo Greater Love, published by Creative Communications for the Parish. They put it out of print for a while…but now it’s back!
- Michael Dubruiel’s The Power of the Cross is out of print, but feel free to download it here.
- Throughout the years, parish groups have used The Words We Pray for study groups – you might consider that, as well.
- Or you might take a look at the book I wrote for the Pivotal Players series. That might work for you.