- My son had a piano recital last weekend. He reported:”You know that thin girl who played after the two bigger girls? Well, she was backstage talking, and do you know what she was talking about? She was talking all about The Illuminati. She was saying that the Illuminati were behind 9/11 and Apple was run by the Illuminati because the price of the first Ipad or something was 666 dollars or something and that the Illuminati are sending a message through that ‘What Does the Fox Say’ song because the sounds that one of the animals make is the Latin word for ‘destroy.’
“And then when she was done, do you know what the other two girls started talking about?”
“My Little Pony.”
2. Today is the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe. The devotional for today in Living Faith was written by moi. You can check it out here – Living Faith has started posting all of their devotions online on that designated day.
Also…if you’re thinking you want to learn more about the Blessed Mother…check out my free e-book, Mary and the Christian Life.
3. Still time for Christmas shopping – if I could recommend….The Catholic Woman’s Book of Days for..a woman? Or Bambinelli Sunday or Adventures in Assisi – signed by both Ann Engelhart and I – for a child. Any of my/our children’s books for your favorite catechist or parish library. The How to Book of the Mass for someone you know thinking about returning to the Church this Christmas.
Reminder: I have all of Ann’s and mine books in stock, signed by both of us. If you have trouble with Paypal, shoot me an email at amywelborn60 -at – gmail.com
4. Speaking of Bambinelli Sunday – it’s this weekend. You can hear Ann and I talking about our books with Monsignor Jim Lisante all over the Catholic radio, including the Catholic Channel on Sirius XM. This weekend’s Bookmark on EWTN is also with us.
5. Quick learning notes: I recommend the Khan Academy videos on music. Even though my 10-year old knows his musical notation, it was useful to watch these videos, which review notation, and then demonstrate the principles with various musical scores. Really good. We’re slowly working our way through the videos about musical instruments, as well.
6. I had a book signing last weekend at the Ave Maria Grotto bookshop – if you’ve ever passed the signs for the Grotto on I-65 and thought about stopping in…do it! I’ve been a few times before, but really, it’s an amazing treasure of replicas of Catholic sites throughout the globe built with found materials. It’s not cheesy, it’s wonderful. At the book signing, I met a group of sisters who have recently settled in Cullman and are helping out at the school and with other ministries, I assume. Young, enthusiastic…adding to the very interesting Catholic mix of central Alabama.
7. Math with snake. #homeschool.
7 Quick Takes
December 12, 2014 by Amy Welborn