A few updates on news and views related to books:
Wish You Were Here:
- A lovely, heartfelt blog post from Jen Ambrose
- Mary DeTurris Poust reviews it in Catholic New York.
- The May issue of Catholic Digest has an excerpt.
- My college friend, who is also a librarian, wrote about it here.
- Sarah Reinhard, blogger and author, most recently of Catholic Family Fun has posted a review on Amazon.
- I continue to hear from readers who have experienced loss and found the book to resonate with their own experiences and to be helpful. I am always so glad to hear this. It’s why I wrote it.
- As far as I can tell, not too many brick and mortar bookstores are carrying it, unfortunately. I am not sure why, but I’m pretty sanguine about it. Whoever needs to read it, will find it. I was cheered, though – I admit – to hear from someone who saw it on a table in a bookstore in FCO – Rome’s primary airport – and another friend who saw it in the Pauline Media bookstore near St. Peter’s Square. So it’s somewhere!
Friendship With Jesus
Artist and illustrator Ann Englehart just returned from two weeks in Italy – having a fabulous time and, in the process, doing a bit of visual research for two more children’s book ideas we are kicking around. While there, she had two media encounters, with Vatican Radio and Rome Reports..